Where money can buy you a second passport?
A second passport today is not only a preserve of the rich, but anyone who wants to experience the multiple benefits that second citizenship offers. A higher standard of living, improved tax efficiencies, diverse investment opportunities, visa-free access for both leisure and business, greater stability and security, are some of the benefits a second passport avails you.
Citizenship by Investment (CBI) or economic citizenship is a legal process through which an individual or family acquires second citizenship. This is in exchange for a specified financial investment in the country. Many countries today have CBI programs as a means of attracting direct foreign investment.
Some of the Best CBI Programs
Dominica is an island nation in the Eastern Caribbean and has one of the oldest economic citizenship programs. Citizenship is granted to investors who make a contribution to the economic development of the country or in the real estate industry.
- A solo applicant makes a non – refundable donation of USD 100,000.
- For a real estate investment a donation of USD 200,000.
- Visa-free or visa on arrival entry to 119 countries including; the entire EU, UK, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong and Brazil.
- Passport processing takes 4-6 months.
- Tax-free and there’s no restriction on repatriation of profits.
- St. Kitts and Nevis
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a two-island nation nuzzled in the West Indies. The CBI program of this nation was established in 1984 making it the oldest economic citizenship program in the world.
- A solo applicant makes a non-refundable donation of USD 150,000 to the St. Kitts and Nevis Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF).
- At least USD 400,000 is required for a real estate investment.
- Visa-free or visa on arrival entry to at least 136 countries including; Schengen countries UK, Switzerland, Brazil, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Processing time 3 – 6 months
Malta has become a popular destination for investors looking for a gateway to Europe. Through a real estate investment or donating to the government’s Malta’s Individual Investor Program (MIIP) you can obtain citizenship in less than a year.
- Purchase property of at least EUR 320,000 or EUR 270,000 in South Malta. Lease property of EUR 12,000 per annum or EUR 10,000 in South Malta.
- A non-refundable government contribution of EUR 30, 000
- An investment in government bonds of EUR 250,000 to be retained for a minimum of five years.
- Visa-free or visa on arrival entry to USA, UK, Europe and over 160 other countries.
- Advantageous tax system
This is a paradise of islands located in the Pacific. It has become a major offshore financial center and a popular tropical holiday destination. The Vanuatu CBI program launched under the Development Support Program (DSP) of Vanuatu offers honorary citizenship to investors.
- Lifetime contribution of USD 150,000 with added costs for family members.
- Visa-free or visa on arrival entry to a127 countries including; EU Schengen states, Russia and UK.
- Favorable tax regime for investors.
- Dual citizenship allowed.
Why use VRP Mena?
VRP Mena is a licensed agent. We know how the system works and will ensure your application proceeds smoothly. Using VRP Mena will save you time and stress. You may choose to forego the personal visits, and your passport will be delivered to your country of residence. Call us today for more information.