Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment
Do you dream of moving to a tropical paradise and leaving your fast-paced, chaotic lifestyle behind? Are you interested in new investment opportunities while also learning about new cultures and traditions? If so, obtaining a Vanuatu citizenship by investment might be the ideal choice for you.
A small chain of islands located in the southwestern part of the Pacific Ocean, Vanuatu is conveniently located near Australia and New Zealand. It offers spectacular views of lush landscapes, sandy white beaches, and glittering ocean water, the ideal atmosphere for anyone looking for a slower, more relaxing way of life.
Commonly known by many natives and visitors alike as the Isles of Contrast, Vanuatu is a hidden gem in the financial industry and home to an endless array of investment opportunities, from renewable energy to real estate. The country has also been nominated as one of the happiest countries in the world, making it an even more attractive option for those looking for a second country to call home.
In addition, the country's climate and location make it a popular destination for tourists, opening up other potential investment opportunities for anyone interested in catering to tourists.
Perhaps one of the biggest factors drawing people, especially investors, to Vanuatu, though, is the country's tax laws or lack thereof. Believe it or not, the country has no income tax, capital gains tax, or withholding tax. There also no exchange controls in the country, and there are no requirements for individuals or businesses to file annual returns or financial statements.
These are only a few of the benefits of moving to Vanuatu, but what kind of benefits can you expect to enjoy if you get Vanuatu citizenship by investment? Well, there are quite a few, actually. In fact, here are some of them:
- Two-month processing time for citizenship applications.
- Dual citizenship is permitted.
- Passports from Vanuatu are rated 45th out of all other countries around the world.
- Abundant investment opportunities in business projects and real estate.
- Citizenship lasts a lifetime.
- Freedom to travel to more than 127 countries, including the UK and Russia.
- Citizenship opportunities available for spouse and other family members.
- No residency obligations.
So, you like the sound of Vanuatu and all the benefits you can take advantage of by moving there, but you don't know how to get Vanuatu citizenship. A good place to start would be to fully understand what the Vanuatu citizenship by investment program is. In short, the program, also known as the Honorary Citizenship Development and Support Program of Vanuatu, offers foreign investors the opportunity to obtain honorary citizenship in exchange for monetary contributions.
Once the proper contributions are made and other requirements are met, a citizenship by investment application will either be approved or denied by the country's citizenship commission. The monetary contributions are broken down as follows:
- Single applicant: USD150,000.00
- Married couple: USD170,000.00
- Married couple with one child under 18 y.o.: USD185,000.00
- Married couple with two children under 18 y.o.: USD200,000.00
It's important to note, however, that even if you decide to apply for second citizenship, you won't be required to actually live as a permanent resident in Vanuatu. If you simply want to get Vanuatu citizenship for the benefits and other advantages while living elsewhere, that's no problem at all.Citizenship by Investment Process
Ready to take the plunge? Fortunately, the citizen by investment process is fairly straightforward. By following a series of steps, you'll be well on your way to obtaining a second passport. These steps, in order, include:
- Contact an authorized Vanuatu citizenship agent and apply for citizenship by submitting a variety of forms, including a copy of your passport and a police certificate, and pay any necessary processing fees.
- A criminal background check will be conducted. Once completed, you will sign a written agreement to allow the Vanuatu Citizenship Commission to process your application. At this point, 50 percent of all monetary contributions are due, as are any remaining application forms that have not yet been submitted.
- The Citizenship Commission will conduct due diligence checks and issue a letter of approval. Another 50 percent of the total monetary contribution will be due at this time.
- You will receive a naturalization certificate and passport.
To ensure the citizenship process goes smoothly, it's wise to prepare all your documentation and forms in advance. Some of the documents you will be required to submit at different stages of the process include the following:
- Initial application forms
- Copy of existing passport and national identity card
- Copy of marriage certificate and birth certificates of everyone in your family applying for citizenship
- Health documents
- Police clearance forms
- School transcripts
- Proof of net worth
- Passport photo
- Reference letter from your bank
- Personal profile, including academic and employment achievements
In addition to the investment benefits and advantages you get from becoming an honorary citizen of Vanuatu, a Vanuatu passport will allow you visa-free travel to more than 127 countries and other territories, including Russia and countries residing in the Schengen Area. Sounds like a pretty good deal, right? But can anyone be denied citizenship by investment? The short answer is yes.
Just like any other application process, applicants for citizenship by investment can be denied for a variety of reasons. For example, if an applicant has a criminal record or if fraud was committed to obtain citizenship, an applicant can be denied final approval.
Now you know how to get a second citizenship. Are you ready to bring your investment dreams to life in a new place? Whether you're seeking a job change and want to try your hand out in the real estate industry or you want to embark on a new business venture, Vanuatu is the ideal place to set up shop. With lax tax laws, a booming tourist industry, and healthy real estate market, the country has investment opportunities for everyone.
Visit for yourself to see why it was recently rated the fourth-happiest country in the world. What are you waiting for? https://vrp-mena.com/lang/citizenship.php