Cost of a Vanuatu Passport
For many people, moving to a remote tropical paradise is a dream, but it doesn’t have to be when you consider Vanuatu as your destination. Have you ever heard of Vanuatu? If you’re unfamiliar with the small island chain, prepare to be amazed.
Located in the southwestern region of the Pacific Ocean, Vanuatu is a tropical paradise that has tourists, business professionals, and investors flocking to its sandy shores and glittering waters year-round. It’s nestled near New Zealand and Australia, and it offers picturesque ocean views. In addition, visitors and residents alike are awestruck by the island chain’s luscious landscapes and slower, more relaxing way of life.
The island itself is known by many as the Isles of Contrast. It is popular among people working in the financial industry because of the bountiful investment opportunities available. From real estate to renewable energy and much more, the investment opportunities are endless. They also allow many who reside in Vanuatu to kick back and relax in what’s been dubbed one of the world’s happiest countries.
Beside all the investment advantages and breathtaking sites Vanuatu attract people with its lax tax laws. This is the country with one of the most loyal and relaxed tax systems around the globe. This is the reason why investors are so interested in coming to Vanuatu. It has no capital gains taxes, withholding taxes, or income taxes.
Additionally, there are no exchange controls or requirements for businesses and individuals to file financial statements, much less annual returns. This allows investors to pocket more of the money earned from investments.
If this sounds like a relaxing and fun way to live, you can’t help but wonder what the cost of a Vanuatu passport is. Fortunately, the country offers a citizenship by investment program for anyone interested in obtaining a Vanuatu passport, which on its own comes with a variety of benefits, like the following:
- Lifetime citizenship
- Dual citizenship
- Citizenship possibilities for family members, including spouses and children
- Ability to visit 127 countries in the world, including Russia and the UK
- Vanuatu passports rated 45th in the world
- Zero residency requirements
What Does a Vanuatu Passport Cost?
With so many benefits and opportunities available to anyone living or visiting the country, you probably are wondering, “What is the cost for a Vanuatu passport?” It’s a reasonable question to ask.
For starters, there are a variety of fees you will need to pay throughout the process of obtaining a passport, and certain monetary contributions are also required. These monetary contributions are determined based on how many people are applying for a Vanuatu passport. If it’s only you, the Vanuatu passport cost will be lower than if you are applying with your spouse, or your spouse and children.
In May, 2018 Vanuatu made an announcement about new prices for the citizenship, and now they are lower than used to be before. Take a look at the current costs below:
- Single applicant: $150,000
- Single applicant and spouse: $170,000
- Single applicant, spouse, and two children: $200,000
Besides the contributions above, you will also need to include many other costs, comprising the following:
- Citizenship processing fee: $15,000
- Vanuatu citizenship application fee: $50.00
- Vanuatu citizenship certificate fee: $100.00
- Due diligence fee: $2,000/person
- Vanuatu passport fee: $160/passport
- VAT at 15 percent: $10,500.00
- Additional fee for extra dependents: $15,000
About the Process
Once you have a good understanding of the Vanuatu passport cost, you can begin looking into the actual process of obtaining a Vanuatu passport. This is an appropriate time to track down all the forms you will have to fill out or track down to be able to apply for the Vanuatu citizenship by investment program.
The program itself also referred to as the Honorary Citizenship Development Support Program of Vanuatu, essentially grants people honorary citizenship as long as the above-mentioned contributions and fees are paid.
Fortunately, the process itself is fairly simple. By following these simple steps, you’ll have your second passport in no time.
- First, reach out to VRP-MENA, agent specializing in Vanuatu citizenship and formally apply by submitting a stack of required forms, including a copy of your current passport and a police certificate. Additionally, you will have to pay any required processing fees at this point.
- Next, you’ll undergo a criminal background check and sign a written agreement allowing the Vanuatu Citizenship Commission to process the application you submitted. More monetary contributions and fees will also be collected.
- In the next step, the Vanuatu Citizenship Commission will do its due diligence by checking and verifying everything you submitted. Afterward, a letter of approval will be issued and another chunk of contributions and fees will be collected.
- Next, you’ll be given a naturalization certificate and pay more of the monetary contributions you owe.
- At the end of the process, you’ll be given your Vanuatu passport, along with a Certificate of Citizenship, and will pay any remaining contributions and fees you owe.
What kind of forms will you have to fill out or track down for the process, though? One big way you can influence the speed at which the process is completed is by having all your paperwork in line, including all the forms and documentation you will have to submit at different stages of the citizenship process.
Some of these forms include:
- Application forms
- Copy of existing identity card or passport
- Copy of birth and marriage certificates
- Police clearance forms
- Education transcripts
- Health forms
- Passport photo
- Proof of net worth
- Bank reference letter
- Personal profile
What are you waiting for? Start the process of obtaining your second passport by applying to the Vanuatu citizenship by investment program today. Not only will you enjoy an abundance of investment opportunities, easy island living, and breathtaking sights, but by becoming an honorary citizen, you will be able to travel visa-free to more than 125 other countries and territories.
Make your dreams of living in a tropical paradise a reality with VRP-MENA. What do you have to lose?